Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM)
Posted On: September 20, 2022
Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) software enables Facility Managers to plan, execute and monitor all activities involved in reactive and planned preventative maintenance, space and move management, asset management, operational facility services, room reservations and other customer services.
Following a survey, the key challenges facilities management companies face that are addressed via CAFM have been defined. The 5 main supportable issues were found to be:
- The control of utilities/energy especially for HVAC & lighting
- The creation of a visible & written asset register
- Improved space utilisation for new and existing users
- Enhanced building & equipment maintenance (reactive & preventative)
- Automation of simple tasks (Reduce the need for staff involvement)
In addition to the creation of a digital twin other benefits include the allowance for the integration of existing management software for location data gathering thus further ensuring the proactive “smart” control of the buildings which have become standard practice/requirement.
Tara Support Services is a leader in innovation specialising in the digitalisation of new and existing buildings & infrastructure. We operate from Offices in ROI, NI and mainland GB to provide full regional coverage. We rapidly & economically create 3D, conventional 2D & CAD plans for existing buildings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details